Cookies in a jar make a great gift for teachers, coaches, and anyone who deserves a little Christmas cheer!
It’s that time of year again, time to start thinking about holiday gifts for the special people in our lives. In our home, my girls have always wanted to contribute to holiday giving, so that means coming up with easy craft ideas for Christmas gifts. These cookies in a jar are a wonderful solution. They are pretty, easy to make, and taste great! I got this recipe years ago from a friend, but I think it originated in Family Fun magazine. Here is how to make these festive holiday cookies in a jar:
Here is what you need for each jar of cookies:
- 1 quart glass wide mouthed jar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate covered candy (such as holiday M&Ms)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cocoa-crisped rice cereal
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Ribbon and decorative tag
To Make the Cookies in a Jar:
- Add the ingredients to the jar in the order listed above, packing down each layer with the back of a spoon as you go.
- Screw on the jar’s lid, using a pretty ribbon to attach a decorative tag with the important baking directions (see below).
Here is what the baking directions say:
To make your holiday cookies, cream together 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 egg in a large bowl. Add the contents of the jar and stir until well blended. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Makes 4 dozen cookies.
**If the cookies were going to a teacher, we also attached a picture of the girls to make it a little more special.