Is Mother’s Day sneaking up on you? Do you need a cool craft for the kids to give to mom, grandma, or auntie? How about a tissue paper flower bouquet? These can be really beautiful, and best of all, they are super easy!
What you’ll need:
- Pastel colored tissue paper
- Chenille stem
How to make it:
- Cut tissue paper into rectangles about 5” by 7” in size.
- Stack between 6 and 15 pieces of tissue paper. Use the same color or different colors. (The more paper you use, the fuller the flower will be.)
- Accordion pleat the tissue paper working from the long side.
- Wind one end of the chenille stem around the middle of the accordion pleated tissue paper. (This will become the stem.)
- Trim the ends of each side to give the pedals a unique look. Try trimming the ends into a triangular point or rounded half circle for different effects.
- Open the flower by gently pulling up one layer of tissue paper at a time towards the center.
- Group a few flowers into a pretty container or tie them together with a bow, and, voila, a lovely gift for mom, grandma, or any special lady on Mother’s Day!